Thursday, December 19, 2013

Why Only One?

 
I have a lot of one-of-a-kind ornaments.
 
It's not that I planned it that way...
 
This little angel dates back to the '80s
when the youngest daughter loved
"angel-ers" as she called them.

 
I always (ALWAYS) think I can make
it myself, if I just have one to follow.
 
This doesn't often work out.
 
But that didn't stop me from thinking
early last month that I could use the
moose to make others just like him.

 
So the wooden angel and script and glitter
moose sadly keep themselves company.

 
Next year - for sure - I will use
all the 'one-of-a-kinds' to make
a bunch of others just like them.
 
That angel has been lonely a long time.
 
Next year, for sure.
You can bet on it.

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt at all that next year will be the year for accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivercrest Cottage,
    All righty then, I'll be back to see the tree filled with Moose and Angels!!! (wink! wink!)
    I made a pair of paper birds, thinking I would do an entire 3 foot tree full of them. Used one of the birds (in a pinch) as a gift tag. I now have a "one~of~a~kind paper ornament or another gift tag.
    I so~o~o get this post!!!
    I'll be checking back with you in 2014 to see what progress you're making, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete