Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rocks In Your Beds


We've been trying to figure out how to re-do our flower beds and enlarge them to get rid of some of our lawn.

Whenever we go out and about, if I'm behind the wheel, I always drive through housing areas stalking their landscaping.

Here's some houses and a new model home we saw recently with a great use of rocks in their landscaping.







The less grass the better as far as we're concerned, and I love the idea of breaking up the flower beds with rocks. What do you think of the idea?

6 comments:

  1. I'm turning a sloped lawn section into rock garden so I don't have to push a mower up the hill and considering letting the area by the river go back to nature. Extensive lawns are the worst thing for the environment so I tell myself I'm not lazy when I want to cut back on grass cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it. I'm replacing my very small lawn with creeping thyme, it does well in our very wet yard and I love it that it blends with my flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rocks-these look good in this landscape. I have so many flower beds we don't have much lawn. Of course I am thinking it might be as easy to mow as it is to weed all these flower beds and trim around them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love rock gardens with lush vegetation filling in the spaces! Just do it, girl! And you made me laugh.. we are kindred spirits stalking neighborhoods for ideas. In my case, I am looking at front steps, railings, and overhangs. It's a great way to get ideas as long as someone doesn't call the police on the lady who is driving by verrrrry slowly!! And in my case, I actually took a photo from the driver's seat!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful neighbourood. In France, people living in nice houses have a tendency to hide their gardens behind tall metal gates. I must say it makes me very frustrated every time I walk my dog !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when flowerbeds are highlighted by small rock walls.

    ReplyDelete