Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tea And Banana Bread


We had a tiring day today and decided to relax with a cup of tea. I remembered a recipe for banana bread that I had jotted down (from a website I'm sure) and decided to try it.




The scribbled recipe I had was dated October 13th, so I tried to find it on several blogs by using that date. I thought for sure it would be from StoneGable's blog as that's my go-to for recipes, but I couldn't find it there.

If you see this post and it's your recipe, let me know and I'll give you the credit you deserve! The recipe was simple. All you need is a mixer and a few measuring utensils.




It really lived up to its name: Easy Banana Bread




I made the tea with the English style electric kettle I love to use. Its simple to use too. Just fill it up, put it on the black pad, and push the button. It turns itself off when the water is hot.

A tip from an English couple a long time ago was to hold the pot high up and aerate the water, it makes the tea taste better. Really!



Here's the recipe. It's super easy. I wish I could give proper credit to the original source! When I copy a recipe now, I also note the website so I will be able to link it.

Set oven for 350 degrees, grease and flour loaf pan, bake about 45 mins.

1. Mash 3 bananas in mixer
2. Add 2 eggs and mix
3. Mix in 3/4 cup of sugar
4. Mix together and slowly add to mixer:

     2 cups flour
     1 tsp salt
     1 tsp baking soda

5. Don't over mix


Easy seems to be my theme tonight. Here's the link to StoneGable's blog, in case you want to view some excellent recipes.

http://www.stonegableblog.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tea kettle tip. I never knew why folks tended to hold the kettle high.
    I have that issue with recipes too - making note of them and then not remembering where they came from. It's maddening! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't know that about the tea-kettle! THANKS for the tip! But we must be on the same wavelength because I bought bananas to make some bread this weekend too--It must be the season, or great minds thinking alike!

    I hope you're doing well, and your week is ending on a good note!

    ReplyDelete