Thursday, May 5, 2011

If I Had Tall Windows Like Jaysa

I've been emailing back and forth with "the girls" (my own 3 grown daughters and a few of their friends who I'd love to claim as my daughters too) and the subject turned to painted white trim as opposed to wood trim. Of course ALL us girls voted for the painted trim...seems only men like the "real wood" shitty stuff!

Middle daughter Jaysa has tall windows, much like these in this picture from the {Just Beachy} blog. I was encouraging Jaysa to bite the bullet and paint the trim, so I thought I'd share this picture to show her husband that painting the wood white is an improvement. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you want to see more of {Just Beachy}'s fabulous trim, here's her blogsite. http://chriskauffman.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. You are right, men do seem to like stained trim better than painted...I don't know why. The windows in your picture are beautiful...lovely setting.

    Thank you for stopping by to visit me and leaving such a nice comment. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband always wanted the trim stained and finished. I do think it is a guy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike is all about the white trim, but neither of us are all about the work required to get it that way. I'd kill to have those windows! We have two tall windows flanking our fireplace, but nothing as gorgeous as that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shutter when I see painted wood! Sh*tty wood is alright to paint but beautiful hardwoods? As a woodworker I love the natural finished and no stain. White is cheery and bright wait.... I need my shades. I know I am ah crepe hanger in your joy of painted wood. I love tall windows...as long as I don't have to wash them ;-0

    ReplyDelete