Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Isn't She Lovely, My Little Baby

My oldest daughter Jenny has always been a doll. I especially like her in bangs and always cut her hair with bangs when she was little. For many of the past years she has not worn bangs, and since she's always had an independent streak I tried to keep my suggestions to myself. Unusual for me I know, but sometimes it's better to be quiet.



I can't tell you how happy I was when she decided to change her style recently and went back to wearing bangs like in these pictures when she was little.



I was looking at her pictures last night and thinking she really doesn't know how pretty she is. It's too easy to sell yourself short and to see only your flaws. I wish she would see what we, her husband and her family, see. After all these years, she still has the great big chocolate brown eyes and silky dark brown hair she was born with. Back when she was little I used to dance her around and sing "Isn't she lovely, my little baby..."


When I see this picture, that song pops right back into my head and we're doing the dance again.



1 comment: